Hummus is one of those things we almost always have in our fridge, ready to pull it out in any moment when hunger kicks (or uninvited guests).
We always experiment with different variations of hummus and already have tried to do it with almost any vegetable.
This carrot hummus is one of our favorite versions of the old good, standard version of hummus.
They don`t have too much in common anymore but we still call it hummus. It is more a carrot dip or spread.
Should you decide to do it with chickpeas or tahini – it will be more hummus-like; in case you decide to not use neither chickpeas nor tahini – it´s more like spread… or dip… still super tasty, great option for breakfast, appetizer or a quick (and healthy) snack.
This recipe requires so little effort so you will never be too lazy to make it. Literally 10 minutes of actual work – the rest is just monitoring the work of your oven.
- 4 carrots
- 2-3 tbsp olive oil
- 1-2 garlic cloves - finely chopped
- 1 tbsp parsley - finely chopped
- 1 tbsp coriander - finely chopped
- 1 tsp smoked paprika - (or sweet paprika)
- 1 tsp dried dill
- 1 tbsp dried thyme
- pinch of salt
- pinch of pepper
- some chilli flakes - (in case you don`t like spicy - can be omitted)
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds
- 1 tbsp tahini - (can be omitted)
- Peel the carrots, coat them with olive oil and spread sesame seeds, garlic, and herbs over
- Preheat the oven at 210ºC (heating from up and down) and bake the carrots (together with the garlic and herbs) for 20/25 minutes
- Once done, let them cool down few minutes and then place it into a food processor or a bowl
- Add the rest of the ingredients (smoked paprika, salt, pepper, tahini (if you wish adding tahini) + some olive oil (1 or 2 tbsps.)
- Mix together all the ingredients using food processor, mortar and pestle or a fork
- Try and add some more olive oil, salt or pepper as per taste
- Decorate with some chili flakes on top
This Carrot Hummus recipe is great as appetizer, side dish or even for breakfast. We like to spread it over a slice of bread or eat it with some flatbread or crackers.
Are you a hummus lover as much as we are? If yes, check out our Baba Ganoush – Eggplant Dip.
- WHICH OTHER VARIATION OF HUMMUS DO YOU LIKE? LET US KNOW IN THE COMMENTS BELOW.
- DID YOU MAKE THIS “CARROT HUMMUS” RECIPE?
- TAG @TANGO_AND_RAKIJA ON INSTAGRAM AND HASHTAG IT #TANGOANDRAKIJA
⇣⇣⇣⇣IF YOU LIKE IT, PIN IT⇣⇣⇣⇣
2 thoughts on “Carrot Hummus”
Thank you so much Cindi, really appreciate it. Glad you like it and you are willing to give it a try 🙂 Let us know how it comes 😉
Your carrot hummus looks so colorful and delicious ? I am making today! Thank you so much for sharing.