Chilli-Honey sauce is one of my favorite spicy sauces and i love using it with fry food – with spring rolls, fried dumplings or fry noodles. It fits perfectly to fried potatoes as well
Chilli-honey potatoes are great variation of normal French fries – if you want to spice up regular fried potatoes recipe – here is how you can do it.
It can be served as a snack, starter or even as a side dish.
Difficulty easy | Preparation time 40 min | Servings 2
FOR THE POTATOES:
– 400 g of potatoes
– oil for frying
– 6-8 tablespoons of cornstarch
FOR THE CHILLI SAUCE:
– 1-2 green chilies (depending how spicy you want it)
– 1/2 teaspoons of chilly powder
– 2 teaspoons of Sambal Oelek sauce (or Sricharcha sauce or any other chilli paste or chilli sauce)
– 1 teaspoon of ketchup
– 1/2 cup of finelly chopped spring onions
– 1/2 cup of finely chopped red onion
– 1/2 green bell pepper chopped
– 3 teaspoons of ginger and garlic paste (you can smash fresh ginger and garlic with a mortar and pestle)
– 1 tablespoon of soy sauce
– 2 teaspoons of honey
– 2 tablespoons of cornstarch
– Pinch of ground pepper
FOR THE TOPPINGS:
– some sesame seeds
– some spring onion
FOR THE POTATOES:
1. Cut potatoes as for french fries and soak them in water for 20 minutes
2. Dry the potatoes and pass them through the cornstarch
3. Heat the oil in a large saucepan and fry potatoes until slightly golden
FOR THE SAUCE:
4. Dissolve 2 tablespoons of cornstarch in 4 tablespoons of warm water and leave aside
5. Heat small amount of oil in a saucepan and, once heated, put ginger/garlic paste, onion, chopped bell pepper and pinch of salt
6. Stir all well, cook for 1 minute and then add green chilies, chilly powder and cook for another minute
7. Add spring onions, soy sauce, ketchup, oelek (or some other chily sauce), pinch of pepper and mix all well
8. Pour dissolved cornstarch little by little stirring all the time
9. Add honey and keep cooking for another minute or two
10. At the end add potatoes and stir all toghether for another minute.
11. Once it is done, serve to the plates and sprinkle with some sesame seeds and chopped spring onion
Chilli-honey potatoes done – it´s easy as that!
In case you are not a fan of spicy food, you can use sweet red paprika powder – it will still come good – honey sweet & crunchy with some toasted sesame seeds on the top.
- DO YOU PREFER FRIED OR BAKED POTATOES? LET US KNOW IN THE COMMENTS BELOW.
- DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?
- TAG @TANGO_AND_RAKIJA ON INSTAGRAM AND HASHTAG IT #TANGOANDRAKIJA
⇣⇣⇣⇣IF YOU LIKE IT, PIN IT⇣⇣⇣⇣