Difficulty easy | Preparation time 30 min | Servings 12 cupcakes
This recipe is one of those that never lets you down – possibilities that it will not come good are almost none. Chocolate-berry cupcakes are done really quickly and the taste is just amazing.
We make variations of these chocolate cupcakes adding different fruit inside – it can be raspberry, blueberry, blackberry, strawberry or even cherry. You can use fresh fruit, frozen or compote – important is that the fruit is not sweetened since the muffin is full chocolate so slightly acid berries are the perfect match.
– 220 ml of chocolate for cooking
– 220 g of butter
– 4 eggs
– 160 g of sugar
– 120 g of all purpose flour
– 1/2 teaspoon of baking powder
– fruit (cherries, blueberries, blackberries…any berries – 12 of them (one for each muffin) *can be frozen/fresh or compote (not sweetened)
1. Melt together chocolate and butter in a double boiler*
2. Stir frequently
3. In another bowl mix eggs with sugar, flour and baking powder
4. Pour chocolate&butter mix into the bowl with eggs, sugar and flour – mix all until blended
5. Place muffin liners in a muffin tin and fill them until 3/4 of the way up
6. Add one piece of fruit into each muffin (cherry, raspberry, blueberry…*) and push it down with a teaspoon or a toothpick
7. Bake in a preheated oven during 7 minutes on 250°C *
*Optional for decoration – Buttercream Frosting
– 115g of butter
– 2 spoons of milk
– 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
– 200 g of sugar glass
1. Mix 1 spoon of milk, vanilla extract and butter with an electric mixer
2. Add sugar glass and another spoon of milk and mix until smooth.
3. Decorate muffins with buttercream frosting using pastry bag
*Method of double boiler is used in order to gently heat/melt chocolate.
Bring a pot with water to boil (on the medium fire), place another bowl (the one with chocolate and butter) over the top of the pot with boiling water . The steam from the simmering water will melt the chocolate and butter gently without risk of damaging the structure of the chocolate.
*In order to achieve having liquid chocolate part in the center of the cupcake – bake them only 7 minutes. If you would like them to be more spongy and without liquid chocolate inside – bake them 9 or 10 minutes so they will get more dry.
*Can be served hot in a plate with a scoop of ice-cream on the top, or cold with buttercream frosting – like a cupcake
*Buttercream frosting can be a great option for a parties and celebrations since the cream is very dense and will allow you to make incredible decorations but keep in mind that is very sweet and heavy (it consists only on butter and sugar) so don`t exaggerate eating it.
Chocolate-berry cupcakes are our favourite party dessert – we make them for literally all the celebrations, birthdays or when we have guests.
They are convenient to make in the ocations when you expect lot of people because of the simplicity in making it – you can easily make large number of muffins in only few hours.
And the ingredients are quite basic which also makes it an inexpensive option.
- WHAT IS YOUR FAVOURITE PARTY DESERT? LET US KNOW IN THE COMMENTS BELOW.
- DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?
- TAG @TANGO_AND_RAKIJA ON INSTAGRAM AND HASHTAG IT #TANGOANDRAKIJA
⇣⇣⇣⇣IF YOU LIKE IT, PIN IT⇣⇣⇣⇣