Cold Lettuce Soup is light, super healthy and, believe it or not, even though it´s main ingredient is lettuce. It is super tasty however this soup recipe requires minimum effort. Moreover not many ingredients, and the best part is – there is no cooking. It is served cold, it has a beautiful green color and you can make it in literally 15 minutes. You have to be really lazy if you are no willing to run to the kitchen and prepare this amazing cold lettuce soup.
Difficulty: easy |Preparation time: 15 min | Servings: 4 bowls
Cold Lettuce Soup
- 1 head Lettuce
- 1/2 Avocado
- 1/2 Cucumber - Peel or not, as you preer.
- 1 Cup Greek Yogurt - Unsweetened
- 1/4 Tsp Salt
- 1/4 Tsp Pepper
- 35 ml Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Handful Crispy Onions
- 1 Tbsp Extra Yogurt or Sour Cream
- 1 Handful Mint - Fresh
- 1 Handful Croutons
- Add all the soup ingredients to the blender and mix until fully blended (all vegetable fresh, uncooked)
- Taste it and add more salt & pepper depending on your taste
- If the soup is not all the liquid you would like it to be you can add some extra oil or just fresh water and keep mixing it
- Serve into soup bowls and refrigerate for 10 minutes
- Add toppings and decorations as per taste (spoon or two of yogurt or sour cream on the top with few mint leaves for decoration looks perfect)
- Sprinkle with some crispy fried onions, sunflower seeds, croutons…
**Types of Lettuce: there are several kinds of lettuce and although nowadays is possible to buy everything anywhere, I would suggest that you always try to use products that grow in your region. You will definitely eat healthier and you will be supporting local producers. Remember that depending of the type of lettuce you chose the soup may have slightly different taste. I generally prefer the romaine lettuce but you can also use butterhead, iceberg or loose leaf one… or any other as long as it is green. Red lettuce might not be as good choice because we want this soup to be bright green.
Don’t tell us that it was difficult. It’s probably one of the easiest soups to make in the world!. We love it not only for it’s simplicity but also because is super healthy. Luckily is healthy but the ingredientes are also super easy to find . You won’t need to run around 10 supermarkets to find that strange ingredient that without it you canno’t make the soup. Not the case.
If you are hosting a party or some sort of celebration during summer or spring this will go perfectly as appetizer. You can prepare a big batch and serve it in little tequila shot glasses, or something bigger if you prefer. Finallly all your guest will be super happy with the choice. If that is not the case, WE DO ACCEPT reclamations. And lastly but not less important, enjoy it!
- DO YOU PREFER HOT OR COLD SOUPS? LET US KNOW IN THE COMMENTS BELOW.
- IF YOU LOVE SOUPS YOU YOU SHOULD TRY OUR Pink Cauliflower Soup
- DID YOU MAKE THIS COLD LETTUCE SOUP RECIPE?
- TAG @TANGO_AND_RAKIJA ON INSTAGRAM AND HASHTAG IT #TANGOANDRAKIJA
Thanks as always for reading our recipes and if you like it, don’t be shy and share it with everyone. In conclusion it’s a win-win situation !
⇣⇣⇣⇣IF YOU LIKE IT, PIN IT⇣⇣⇣⇣