Difficulty easy |Preparation time 15 min | Servings 4 bowls
Cold Lettuce Soup is light, super healthy and, believe it or not, even though itΒ΄s main ingredient is lettuce, it is super tasty. This soup recipe requires minimum effort, not many ingredients, and the best part is – there is no cooking. It is served cold, it has a beautiful green color and you can make it in literally 15 minutes.
For the soup:
– 1 head of lettuce (*any kind of lettuce is good, see the notes below)
– 1/2 avocado
– 1/2 cucumber (peeled or without peeling – free choice)
– 1 cup of natural (unsweetened) yogurt (Greek yogurt style)
– 1/4 teaspoon of salt
– 1/4 teaspoon of ground pepper
– 35 ml of olive oil
For the toppings (decoration):
– handful of crispy fried onion and/or sunflower seeds
– few spoons of natural (unsweatened) yogurt or sour cream
– handful of fresh mint
– some croutons
1. Add all the soup ingredients to the blender and mix until fully blended (all vegetable fresh, uncooked)
2. Taste it and add more salt & pepper depending on your taste
3. If the soup is not all the liquid you would like it to be you can add some extra oil or just fresh water and keep mixing it
4. Serve into soup bowls and refrigerate for 10 minutes
5. Add toppings and decorations as per taste (spoon or two of yogurt or sour cream on the top with few mint leaves for decoration looks perfect)
6. Sprinkle with some crispy fried onions, sunflower seeds, croutons…
**Types of Lettuce: there are several kinds of lettuce and although nowadays is possible to buy everything anywhere, I would suggest that you always try to use products that grow in your region. You will definitely eat healthier and you will be supporting local producers. Remember that depending of the type of lettuce you chose the soup may have slightly different taste. I generally prefer the romaine lettuce but you can also use butterhead, iceberg or loose leaf one… or any other as long as it is green. Red lettuce might not be as good choice because we want this soup to be bright green.
- DO YOU PREFER HOT OR COLD SOUPS? LET US KNOW IN THE COMMENTS BELOW.
- DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?
- TAG @TANGO_AND_RAKIJA ON INSTAGRAM AND HASHTAG IT #TANGOANDRAKIJA
β£β£β£β£IF YOU LIKE IT, PIN ITβ£β£β£β£