We have discover this amazing snack and now we are telling you How to make Spicy Kale Chips because we are good friends.
This spring we turned to gardening and discovered that one of the jewels of our lovely garden is Kale. That giant leafy green veggie that is also coming from the cabbage family. It grew so fast and big and in some moment we didn´t know what to do with it. Turned out you can do many things out of it – pickle it, make sauteed kale with garlic and onion, boil it as a side dish or even eat it fresh.
We discovered this fun and easy recipe and decided to give it a try. Kale chips is great choice for a movie nights, as a healthy snack or for the ones who normally don’t like to much greenies – the form of salty, crispy chips is what makes it appealing even to the picky eaters.
Difficulty: easy | Preparation time: 20 min | Servings : 1 bowl of chips
Spicy Kale Chips
- 1 Bunch Kale Leaves
- 3 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Tsp Himalayan Salt - Or any that you have
- 1/4 Tsp Dry Garlic
- 1 Tsp Dry Onion
- 1/4 Tsp Chilly Poweder
- 1/2 Tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1 Tsp Sweet Paprika
- Wash the Kale leaves
- Separate the leaves from the stems and break the leaves in few smaller pieces
- Dry the leaves with a clean kitchen cloth until they are fully dry (this is part of the crunchy secret)
- Slightly spray the pieces of kale leaves with oil but don’t make them soak in oil
- Preheat the oven at 150`C
- Prepare the spice mix with garlic, dry onion, salt , chilly powder or chilly flakes, turmeric and sweet paprika – mix it all together in a small bowl
- Prepare the oven tray with baking paper on it and place the kale leaves into the tray – make sure to not pile them up
- Sprinkle the kale leaves with the mixture of spices
- Let it bake for 10 minutes. After that time you can open, remove the pieces that are already done and bake for another few minutes or until the remaining leaves look crispy.
- You will realize when they are ready because they will look like fully dehydrated, crispy and slightly golden on the edges.
Tips*Bake the leaves in single layers – DON’T pile them up – only 1 layer of leaves per baking round. *Crunchy but not burned – it is important to watch them from time to time so you don’t let them burn. Although we will be baking in a low temperature, it can happen in a of blink of an aye to pass the way from crunchy to burned. *Eat now, not tomorrow – although it is possible to keep them for some time, the best is to eat them on the spot as the leaves will be more crunchy when they are fresh from the oven. The more you leave them uneaten the more humid they will get with the time. *Do them as you like – you can do them only with salt and pepper, or dry cilantro, rosemary, oregano… whatever you like! just remember DON’T use WET ingredients (other than oil).
How to Make Spicy Kale Chips is a super-easy recipe that can be done literally in 10 minuts so what are you waiting?. Because they are tasty, it worth the effort of trying to eat them at least once. However, I am sure everyone will be repeating after the first bite!
Now that you know all the secrets about How To Make Spicy Kale Chips, in other words, you can start to cook them. However you are not leaving before we give you some good reasons to eat Kale everytime you can. For instance here are some:
- Support bone health.
- Protect against heart disease.
- Protect against cancer.
- Support eye health.
>If you like this recpie, you have to try our Chicken Ceviche – Spicy Peruvian Dish. Believe us you won’t be dissappointed<
⇣⇣⇣⇣IF YOU LIKE IT, PIN IT⇣⇣⇣⇣
- HOW DO YOU EAT/COOK KALE? LET US KNOW IN THE COMMENTS BELOW.
- DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?
- TAG @TANGO_AND_RAKIJA ON INSTAGRAM AND HASHTAG IT #TANGOANDRAKIJA