Lavender-mint lemonade is a perfect and easy alternative for classic lemonade and in case you grow some of the ingredients in your garden, even better.
In our case, that’s the best part – having fresh lavender and mint give us plenty of options to experiment in the kitchen.
They are both super easy to grow so, if you haven’t so far, maybe it’s not a bad idea to try yourself in that. Both lavender and mint will leave a beautiful fragrance around your terrace + you can use them for cooking!
As for the mint – we use it in so many occasions – in drinks, to condiment salads and savory foods, in desserts…
As for the lavender – we tried it as an ingredient in cookies and it came super cool. The experiment with lemonade turned out quite well too, so we are sharing it.
- 1 handful fresh lavender flowers
- 1 handful fresh mint leaves
- 1 cup sugar - (you can use less if you don`t like your limonade very sweet)
- 2 cups boiling water
- 2 freshly squeezed lemons
- 2 cups cold water
- Separate lavender flowers from the stems, rinse and place into a small bowl
- Do the same with mint leaves and put them together with lavender flowers
- Add sugar and rub the lavender and mint into the sugar using your fingers (this way the sugar will absorb their essences)
- Pour 2 cups of boiling water over the lavender-mint-sugar mixture and stir with a spoon until the sugar is melted
- Let it sit for minimum 30 minutes (ideally for few hours)
- After minimum 30 minutes, strain the infusion using a sieve in order to separate the leaves and flowers from the liquid
- Squeeze in 2 lemons
- Add 2 more cups of cold water and stir well
- Taste and add more water if needed
- For serving you can add sliced lemon, some mint leaves and lavender springs
- We like to use brown sugar (palm, coconut or sugar-cane) but that may slightly color your lemonade to light brown. If you prefer to have it transparent, better use white sugar.
- As for the color of your lavender lemonade - you might have seen it around internet in beautiful, soft purple shade. If you want to achieve purple color of your lemonade you may want to use a food coloring or add some Lavender syrup that will also give it some more intensive aroma
We find this lavender-mint lemonade super cool, fun and interesting not only for it`s nice appearance but also for it`s fresh, flowery aroma. If you wish to pair it with some nice lavender cookies – we got a recipe for that too. They are super cool, tasty and so unusual.
- HAVE YOU TRIED ANY LAVENDER-FLAVORED FOOD? LET US KNOW IN THE COMMENTS BELOW.
- DID YOU MAKE THIS “LAVENDER-MINT LEMONADE” RECIPE?
- TAG @TANGO_AND_RAKIJA ON INSTAGRAM AND HASHTAG IT #TANGOANDRAKIJA
⇣⇣⇣IF YOU LIKE IT, PIN IT⇣⇣⇣