Masala Omelette is one of the most traditional meals – simple and known all around the world. It is believed it originates from the ancient Persia. Legened said that Napoleon Bonaparte fell in love with it at the first bite when he tried it in some French village. For instance in China, Thaiwan and Philippines omelette they prepare it with oysters and in Iran they make it with Spinach. To be sincere, you don’t have to be Napoleon to be in love with a good omelette during breakfast. It’s a great way of starting the day, super healthy and pretty easy to make it.
Another interesting variation is the Indian one – masala omelette. We tried it first time in Mumbai as it was one of the rare familiar names we could recognize on the menu. It tasted like a well-known omelette but with all the incredible spices and aromas typical for Indian food. Probably that’s the main secret of this masala omelette, the spices. Actually it’s probably the secrets of the whole indian cuisine.
We love thid mix of known and unknown in a single plate and we keep making it for very special breakfasts when we want to recal some of our adventures from India. It doesn’t really matter anymore for which reason we love it, we just do it as frequently as we can.
Difficulty: easy | Preparation time: 15 min | Servings: 2 portions
- 4 Unit Eggs
- 2 Unit Spring Onions
- 1 Unit Green Chilly Pepper - Fresh
- 1 Handful Coriander - Fresh
- 1 Tsp Chilly Powder
- 3 Tsp Vegetable Oil
- 1/2 Tsp Turmeric Poweder
- 1/4 Tsp Salt
- Chop finely the spring onions and the fresh coriander leaves
- Wash and remove the seeds from the green chili pepper. Chop it thin slices
- Whisk the eggs and add in the onions, coriander, chili peppers, chili powder, salt, turmeric – mix all well
- Heat the oil in a frying pan, pour the egg mix and distribute it all over the pan
- Cook for about 1 or 2 minutes on medium heat. From time to time slightly shake the pan in order to prevent the omelette to get stick to the pan.
- Flip the omelette over with a spatula and cook for another minute or so and your masala omelette is done.
At this point you should be convinced that this the best choice that you can make for today’s breakfast. You just need to collect the ingredients, but who doesn’t have a few eggs at home?.
Masala Omelette served with Chapati Bread
⇣⇣⇣⇣IF YOU LIKE IT, PIN IT⇣⇣⇣⇣