Cheesecake is something that is literally always a great idea and I don`t know a person who doesn`t like it.
This recipe is super easy one and you will not even have to bother cutting the cake (something I particularly hate to do and I am equally bad at).
The form of mini cheesecakes makes it super convenient for parties or gatherings as well.
For the Base:
- 130 g digestive biscuits
- 60 g butter
For the Cheese Filling
- 300 g cream cheese - Philadelphia, Mascarpone or similar
- 100 g sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 15 g all-purpose flour
- 175 g sour cream - or Crème fraîche
- For the Base:
- Combine the biscuits (already grounded in the food processor) with melted butter (can melt it in microwave)
- Line the muffin tray with muffin liners
- Firmly press a tablespoon or two of biscuit-butter mixture into each liner
- Set aside
For the Cheesecake filling:
- In a large bowl put cream cheese and sugar and mix with a hand mixer until smooth
- Add eggs - one by one, mixing constantly
- Add vanilla, lemon juice and flour
- At last, add sour cream or crème fraîche and mix all until just combined and creamy (do not overmix)
- Divide the batter between the liners (on top of the biscuit base)
- Bake in a preheated oven at 160ºC for 20 minutes
- Once they are done leave them to completely cool down before removing the liners
- To decorate you can use different toppings - marmelade, fresh strawberries, blueberries or similar
To make these mini cheesecakes more fun, get creative with toppings – whipped cream, strawberries, blueberries, red fruit marmalade, colorful sprinkles or some chocolate.
In this case, we experimented topping them with chocolate spaghetti done with molecular cuisine set.
It turned out super cool and we loved this unconventional way of decorating them.
- HAVE YOU TRIED THIS MINI CHEESECAKES RECIPE? LET US KNOW HOW THEY COME IN THE COMMENTS BELOW.
- TAG @TANGO_AND_RAKIJA ON INSTAGRAM AND HASHTAG IT #TANGOANDRAKIJA
⇣⇣⇣⇣IF YOU LIKE IT, PIN IT⇣⇣⇣⇣