This winter we discovered purple cauliflower – first we saw it in the supermarket, then we decided to try growing it in our little garden.
Few months later we are making St. Valentines pink cauliflower soup out of the purple cauliflower grown in a flower pot.
Quite impressive and stylish, isn’t it? And it grew up just on time for this romantic occasion. Incredible timing.
What was amazing finding is that purple cauliflower is not, in any way, dyed, but it’s beautiful color comes naturally from the same antioxidant found in red cabbage and red wine.
Apparently, according to Internet, sun exposure makes the purple color more intensive.
Luckily, even in winter, we have plenty of sunny days here in Barcelona so our first purple cauliflower grew big and beautifully purple.
If you happen to spot a purple cauliflower at your supermarket, grocery store or farmer market, go for it and make a fun and different dish.
Plus, if you have picky eaters at home, even if they refuse to eat normal cauliflower, I am sure they will not be able to say NO to purple cauliflower.Β It’s just too pretty!
To make it even more purple, we added some purple potatoes as well.
In this post we will share our simple and easy recipe for the most romantic soup of the year – Pink Cauliflower Soup.
If you want to prepare a delicious, thematic, exotic, yet simple and non-complicated dish for your loved one(s), or just for yourself, for St. Valentine or for any other day, try our Pink Cauliflower Soup.
We promise you will love it!
Pink Cauliflower Soup
- 220 g Purple Cauliflower
- 200 g Purple Potatoes
- 2 cloves Garlic - chopped
- 5 g Ginger - chopped
- 1/2 Onion - chopped
- some Thyme (fresh or dry) - optional
- some Rosemary (fresh or dry) - optional
- 1 Chili - if you like it spicy
- some Olive Oil (3-5 Tbsp)
- 1/2 tsp Salt - or as per taste
- 1/2 tsp Pepper - or as per taste
- 125 g Plane yoghurt (unsweetened)
- 250 g Vegetable broth
- 1/2 Lemon
- Place in a baking tray the cauliflower and potatoes (cut in chunks) together with few spoons of olive oil, some thyme, rosemary, garlic and ginger
- Bake in preheated oven at 160ΒΊC for some 25 minutes or until tender
- Once the vegetables are baked, prepare the vegetable broth (1/2 l) - it can be instant or home-cooked broth
- In a large pot, heat few spoons of oil on the medium heat and add chopped onions and garlic
- SautΓ© for few minutes and then add the vegetables (baked cauliflower and potato chunks)
- Cook for 2-5 minutes
- Add vegetable broth and mix it all well while cooking on the medium fire
- Blend on high speed for 1-2 minutes or until smooth.Β
- Add yogurt and stir well to combine
- Taste and add salt and pepper as per taste
- Serve into a soup bowls and drizzle with some freshly squeezed lemon juice (lemon juice will slightly change the color of the soup)
- Sprinkle with some chopped chives, spring onion or a spoon of yogurt
- Few drops of freshly squeezed lemon on top of your soup will slightly change the color of the soup to pink/magenta color.
- You can decorate your soup with fresh chives, spring onion, crushed pistachio and/or a spoon of plane yogurt or any other favorite ingredientΒ
Simple and pretty!
Ideal for surprising someone special on St. Valentine’s Day… or on any other day… or surprising just yourself with a pretty looking, light and healthy soup and delicious pink cauliflower soup.
Looking for more colorful soup’s recipes?
- WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE FUNNY COLORED FOOD? LET US KNOW IN THE COMMENTS BELOW
- DID YOU MAKE THIS >PINK CAULIFLOWER SOUP< RECIPE?
- TAG @TANGO_AND_RAKIJAΒ ON INSTAGRAM AND HASHTAG ITΒ #TANGOANDRAKIJA
β£β£β£β£IF YOU LIKE IT, PIN ITβ£β£β£β£