Even though we don’t really celebrate Halloween in any way, we love thematic and seasonal recipes + we love pumpkins. Therefore – Pumpkin cream soup (with Feta Cheese) – recipe that we made already several times in the past months.
Feta cheese might not be the most logical choice but it matches great to slightly sweet taste of the pumpkin soup so we think it’s a happy marriage.
I think we are spending the whole fall season eating (and cooking) foods made of pumpkin. There is just so much you can make out of it. And, it’s so delicious and nutritive as well.
Pumpkin soup is one of the very classic recipes with which we are officially opening the pumpkin season in our kitchen.
This Pumpkin Soup with feta cheese is something we really like to make to warm up a bit those first chilly autumn days. Feta cheese is there to bring some summer feeling and because we love adding feta cheese in almost everything.
The recipe is super simple and easy and the things can hardly go wrong. That’s another reason we love it – comes great every time.
Pumpkin Cream Soup With Feta Cheese
- 1/2 kg Pumpkin - (pealed and cut in small pieces)
- 4 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Fresh Orange (approx. 200 g) - cut in chunks
- 250 g Heavy Cream
- 60 g Shallots - (chopped)
- 1 tsp Cumin
- 1 tsp Salt - (as per taste)
- 1/2 tsp Pepper - (as per taste)
- 1/2 tsp Ginger Powder
- some Feta Cheese for topping
- some Cashew Nuts for topping
- few Hard boiled Quail eggs for topping
- some Sesame seeds for topping
- Heat the oil in a deep pot
- Add chopped shallots and sauté for 2-3 minutes or until they change the color
- Add pumpkin (cut in small pieces) and sauté with onion for few minutes
- Add 250 ml of water and lower the fire
- Add salt, pepper, ginger and cumin and cook for some 10-15 min over medium heat
- Add orange chunks and cook few more minutes
- Add heavy cream and cook for some 10 minutes more or until the pumpkin is tender
- Stir frequently
- With a hand blender, mash the pumpkin until smooth and creamy
- Serve into soup bowls and top up with some feta cheese cubes (or crumbled feta cheese), sesame seeds, cashew nuts as per taste and few hard boiled quail eggs cut in halves.
- You can also add some croutons or toasted bread if you like.
- If you would like your pumpkin soup to be saltier and with a stronger flavor, you can add one vegetable stock cube while cooking the pumpkin
- For more liquid soup add more water
- If you like it spicier you can add more ginger powder
- Once served, you can add some extra cream or a spoon of Greek Yoghurt on top
- Optional for topping - Feta cheese, sesame seeds, cashew nuts, some croutons or toasted bread, hard-boiled quail eggs...
If you prefer cold soups check out our >Salmorejo – Spanish cold soup< recipe.
- WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE PUMPKIN DISH? LET US KNOW IN THE COMMENTS BELOW.
- DID YOU MAKE THIS > Pumpkin Cream Soup With Feta Cheese< RECIPE?
- TAG @TANGO_AND_RAKIJA ON INSTAGRAM AND HASHTAG IT #TANGOANDRAKIJA
⇣⇣⇣⇣IF YOU LIKE IT, PIN IT⇣⇣⇣⇣