Months of October and November are all about pumpkin in our house. Stuffed pumpkin, roasted pumpkin, pumpkin in desserts and, eventually a pumpkin-spinach salad.
This pumpkin-spinach salad is quick to make, incredibly delicious and so nutritive and healthy.
It involves quail eggs and some pancetta which makes it a super complete meal together with fresh spinach and creamy, roasted pumpkin.
Add to it some yogurt-honey-mustard dressing, and you are all set for an incredibly delicious and colorful dinner. Or lunch. Or whatever you want it to be.
Normally, we eat this kinds of salads for dinner but you can also eat it together with some other dish or for lunch.
Pumpkin - Spinach Salad (with Pancetta & Quail Eggs)
- 30 g black olives - (chopped)
- 20 g sprouts - (radish sprouts, bean sprouts or any other)
- 40 g pancetta - (chopped)
- 8 hard boiled quail eggs - (cut in halves)
- 50 g spinach
- 50 g cherry tomatoes
- 1 smaller cucumber - (cut in small cubes or slices)
- 20 g roasted soya beans - (optional)
- 1/2 blood orange or grapefruit - cut in cubes
- 200 g roasted (pealed) pumpkin
- some salt and pepper - (as per taste)
For the Dressing:
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp mustard
- 70 ml yogurt - (natural)
- 1 fresh juice of 1 lime
- few tbsp olive oil
- handfull of grounded cashew nuts - (optional)
- Peal the pumpkin and cut it into small cubes
- Place it in a baking tray and bake in preheated oven at 180ºC for 20 minutes or until the pumpkin is soft and tender
- Take the pumpkin out of the oven and set aside
- In a salad bowl place some fresh spinach leaves, add roasted pumpkin, olives, tomatoes, cucumber, sprouts and soy beans
- Add hard boiled quail eggs (cut in halves) and sprinkle with pancetta (cut in small pieces)
For the Dressing:
- Mix all the ingredients into a dressing bottle and mix/shake well
- Serve the dressing on the side or pour it directly over the salad
Quick and easy!
If you are looking for thematic Halloween lunch or dinner menu, check out our other Pumpkin/Halloween recipes:
- WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE PUMPKIN DISH? LET US KNOW IN THE COMMENTS BELOW.
- DID YOU MAKE THIS Pumpkin – Spinach Salad RECIPE?
- TAG @TANGO_AND_RAKIJA ON INSTAGRAM AND HASHTAG IT #TANGOANDRAKIJA
⇣⇣⇣IF YOU LIKE IT, PIN IT⇣⇣⇣