October is a pumpkin month in our house, not that much because of Halloween but rather for the autumn aesthetics and because pumpkins appear all around in the stores as soon as the first yellow leaves start to fall from the trees.
And, we really, really like the taste of pumpkin in all the possible variations.
Did you know that pumpkin is also considered a superfood?
Not only should you use it for Halloween or Thanksgiving pie but there is plenty of other things you can use pumpkin for.
Pumpkin is highly rich in vitamins, antioxidants, it’s nutritious, and, in many other ways, beneficial as a part of healthy, balanced diet.
It’s good for your hart and blood pressure, can have a beneficial effect on preventing and controlling diabetes and also can impact positively your eyes and your vision.
You can use pumpkin in so many ways in cooking and, the best part is, you can use it for both sweet and savory dishes.
Pumpkin soup is great for chilly autumn days (or winter) and it has great, bright and happy color. If you need a recipe – we have one for Pumpkin soup with Feta cheese and it’s not bad at all.
You can use pumpkin purรฉe in cakes, cupcakes, donuts… and it will give a natural sweetness to your food + your cakes will be nice and moist from inside.
Roasted pumpkin is another way of preparing it as a starter, side dish or a simple snack.
This variation of roasted pumpkin involves melted mozzarella cheese and beautiful, aromatic herbs on top.
Combination of sweet and smoky roasted pumpkin with salty cheese and aromas of rosemary, thyme and oregano is just amazing.
We make this dish as a snack, side dish or even dinner.
It’s so easy to make and yet so delicious.
We normally like to use Butternut pumpkin as it’s skin is not too hard to manipulate it and it’s super sweet and creamy when roasted.
You can use any other type of pumpkin as per your preference.
Roasted Butternut Pumpkin With Mozzarella
- 1/2 approx. 500 g Butternut Pumpkin (Squash) - (cut into rings)
- 125 g Mozzarella Cheese - (cut in slices)
- some Rosemary, Thyme, Oregano ... or similar - (fresh or dry)
- pinch of Salt
- pinch of Pepper
- some Oil - (for greasing the baking tray)
- Oil the baking tray
- Cut half of the butternut pumpkin (the part without seeds) into rings
- You can peal it or roast without pealing (as per your preference)
- Place the pumpkin rings into the baking tray
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper as per taste
- Add rosemary, thyme or any other herbs of choice
- Bake for 20 minutes at 180ยบC
- Meanwhile, cut the Mozzarella cheese into slices
- After 20 min of baking, take the pumpkin rings out of the oven
- Add Mozzarella slices on top of the pumpkin rings
- Return to the oven for some 5 more minutes or until the cheese is melted
- Add some oregano or other herb of choice on top
- Serve hot
You can use any type of pumpkin or squash for this recipe. We prefer Butternut Pumpkin and we, normally, use it for all the pumpkin recipes.
It’s skin is not too hard so it’s not too difficult to peal it of. Besides it’s flesh is kind of creamy and really nice in both puree or roasted versions.
In case you want to use some other type of pumpkin this recipe will still do.
You might not be able to cut it into rings but rather in slices or in some other way but that’s just the question of aesthetic.
The taste will be amazing anyways.
Looking for more Halloween/Pumpkin recipes?
Check out our recipe for Pumpkin Cream Soup with Feta Cheeseย and Halloween Baked Pumpkin Donuts
- WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE HALLOWEEN DISH? LET US KNOW IN THE COMMENTS BELOW.
- DID YOU MAKE THIS > Roasted Butternut Pumpkin With Mozzarella< RECIPE?
- TAG @TANGO_AND_RAKIJAย ON INSTAGRAM AND HASHTAG ITย #TANGOANDRAKIJA
โฃโฃโฃIF YOU LIKE IT, PIN ITโฃโฃโฃ
ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย ย