If you like seafood – MUSSELS in particular + if you like SPICY FOOD = this recipe is for YOU!. e is a dish that will delight everyone!
Difficulty: easy | Preparation time: 45 min | Servings : 2
Since we first tried this recipe we really loved it and now we have it on our dinner menu on a regular basis. It`s quick and easy to make, unusual way of preparing mussels and, not less important, SUPER HEALTHY.
What we love about cooking and eating Spicy Coconut Mussels is not only how simple is too cook them but also how delicious they are and the high nutritional value. It’s super light and you can eat it in summer and winter as well. We are not sure about you but everything that has coconut milk is always 10x better, don’t you think?
Spicy Coconut Mussels
- 1 kg Mussels
- 3 tbsp Vegetal Oil
- 10 leaves curry - Optional
- 2 pieces onions - Finely Chopped
- 1 unit red chilly - Finely Chopped
- 2 tsp Ginger - Grated
- 6 cloves Garlic - Finely Chopped
- 1 1/2 tbsp Tomate Sauce
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp salta
- 3/4 tsp Chilly Powder
- 400 ml Coconut Cream
- 3 tbsp Fresh Coriander - Finely Chopped
- 1 unit Lemon - Juice
- Wash and clean the shells scrubbing them gently under the running water and pulling out any tendrils (strings) from the shells. Discard any cracked, damaged or open mussels.
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over a medium heat. First add curry leaves together with onion and leave it on medium fire during 8-10 minutes until the onion gets golden color
- Add red chili and garlic and stir for 1 minute before adding tomato puree, sugar, salt and chili powder and stir
- Add coconut milk
- Bring to boil, then add mussels
- Cover and cook, stirring frequently for approximate 5-6 minutes or until the shells open
- Add ginger. Cover and cook another 2-3 minutes
- Discard any closed mussels
- Serve into bowls or deep plates.
- Add some coriander and lemon juice on the top for garnishing
Spicy Coconut Mussels: Curious Facts
- Did you knew that Mussels have more iron than fillet steak. and pack a vitamin punch ?
- Coconut is also a magical food, some of the properties are: it aids in weight loss, it contains antioxidants, electrolyte balance, prevents heart disease, strengthens the immune system, prevention of anemia. Lots of good reasons to eat it or drink it.
- Why to eat spicy food? The last ingredient of our Spicy Coconut Mussels is that pinch of spiciness. Spicy foods have been shown to help with weight loss. “Capsaicin helps increase your core temperature, increase metabolism and helps burn calories faster. Basically you are eating diet food.
If you have arrive till here I guess that now you are running to the kitchen to prepare this Spicy Coconut Mussels that are from another planet
> If you like spicy food you cannot miss our Thai Sweet Chili Sauce <
- WHAT IS YOUR FAVOURITE SEA-FOOD? LET US KNOW IN THE COMMENTS BELOW.
- DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?
- TAG @TANGO_AND_RAKIJA ON INSTAGRAM AND HASHTAG IT #TANGOANDRAKIJA
⇣⇣⇣⇣IF YOU LIKE IT, PIN IT⇣⇣⇣⇣