TOPRA PAK is traditional Indian coconut sweet; easy to make, delicious and with only 3 ingredients needed.
We usually make it on lazy Sundays when we crave for something sweet but we are too lazy to do something more complex. It is done really quickly and with minimum possible mess in the kitchen.
We tried it first time in India and ever since it became a regular dessert in our house. Unlike the most of Indian sweets this one is not too sweet. If you like coconut as much as we do, this will become one of your favorite quick desserts.
Topra Pak - Indian Coconut Sweet
- 400 ml Condensed Milk
- 250 g Shredded Coconut - (200g for cooking and 50 g for decoration)
- 1/2 tsp Ground Cardamom - (*in case you don’t have cardamom, you can use nutmeg or some other aroma as per taste)
- Pour condensed milk into a non-stick saucepan and cook it on the medium fire until it starts to boil.
- Stir frequently
- When milk comes to a simmer, add 200 g of the coconut and ground cardamom
- Keep stirring over a low heat until the mixture starts to look like a dough (2 – 5 minutes)
- Take it off the fire, let it cool down a little (few minutes)
- Roll a small balls (2cm in diameter or as big as you wish) and pass them through the shredded coconut (50 g)
- Depending on the size of the balls, you should get between 20 and 30 balls
During our trip to India some 2 years ago, we absolutely fall in love with Indian Cuisine and, since then we are obsessed.
Since we brought a lot of spices from India (yes, even 2 years later we still have some) we are experimenting a lot trying traditional Indian recipes.
If you like Indian cuisine as well – check out some of our favorite, super easy to make, Indian recipes:
Looking for more coconut desserts?
Check out our delicious Piña Colada Cake Recipe 🥥🍍🥥🍍🥥
- WHAT IS YOUR FAVOURITE COCONUT DESSERT? LET US KNOW IN THE COMMENTS BELOW.
- DID YOU MAKE THIS TOPRA PAK – INDIAN COCONUT SWEET ?
- TAG @TANGO_AND_RAKIJA ON INSTAGRAM AND HASHTAG IT #TANGOANDRAKIJA
⇣⇣⇣⇣IF YOU LIKE IT, PIN IT⇣⇣⇣⇣