Difficulty medium | Preparation time 45 min | Servings 12 muffins
Recently our passion for food and cooking got a new dimension – we decided to plant our own veggies. Zucchini is one of the first successfully grown plants in our little terrace-garden and, since we had much more zucchini than we expected, we started to experiment in our kitchen trying to get the most out of this delicious vegetable.
Salty zucchini muffins are perfect as take away breakfast – the form of muffin makes it perfectly convenient to bring to work/school or for a picnic. It can also be served as finger food at parties and birthday celebrations.
– 2 cups of shredded zucchini
– 2 eggs
– 2/3 cup of shredded cheese (parmiggiano or similar cheese, it is important that it melts)
– 1/2 cup of breadcrumbs or rice puffs (unsweetened)
– 1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder
– 1 1/2 teaspoon of Italian Seasoning (mix of oregano, basil, marjoram, thyme, rosemary and sage) or any mix of spices that you like
– 2 pinches of salt
– 2 pinches of pepper
– 100g chopped bacon
1. Preheat the oven at 200°C
2. In a large bowl, mix all the ingredients using a spoon
3. Once everything is well integrated and homogeneous fill the muffins cups until 2/3 full
4. Place the tray with the muffin cups in the preheated oven and bake for 20/25 minutes at 200°C.
5. If not sure whether they are fully done, remove them from oven and poke the muffin with a toothpick all the way to the center of the muffin – if the toothpick comes out sticky it needs couple of minutes more of cooking.
6. Once they are done, let them cool down before removing them from the muffin cups
*Baking time may vary depending on the oven you have. Not all ovens are the same – you might have a different type of oven that needs more or less time to preheat, stronger or weaker ventilator etc. Important is to get to know how your own oven works and recognize when the baking is done.
- WHAT IS YOUR FAVOURITE WAY OF PREPARING ZUCCHINI? LET US KNOW IN THE COMMENTS BELOW.
- DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?
- TAG @TANGO_AND_RAKIJA ON INSTAGRAM AND HASHTAG IT #TANGOANDRAKIJA
⇣⇣⇣⇣IF YOU LIKE IT, PIN IT⇣⇣⇣⇣