Recently our passion for food and cooking got a new dimension – we decided to plant our own veggies. Zucchini is one of the first successfully grown plants in our little terrace-garden. Moreover we had much more zucchini than we expected hence we started to experiment in our kitchen trying to get the most out of this delicious vegetable and we end-up with this Zucchini Muffins with Bacon
Salty zucchini muffins are perfect as take away breakfast – the form of muffin makes it perfectly convenient to bring to work/school or for a picnic. Not to mention that you can served them as finger food at parties and birthday celebrations. Altogether they are a fit for any day or moment.
Difficulty: medium | Preparation time: 45 min | Servings: 12 muffins
Zucchini Muffins with BACON
- 2 cups cups of shredded zucchini
- 2 units eggs
- 2/3 cups shredded cheese - parmiggiano or similar cheese, it is important that it melts
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs or rice puffs - unsweetened
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 1/2 tsp Italian Seasoning - mix of oregano, basil, marjoram, thyme, rosemary and sage or any mix of spices that you like
- 2 pinches salt
- 2 pinches pepper
- 100 gm chopped bacon
- In a large bowl, mix all the ingredients using a spoon
- Once everything is well integrated and homogeneous fill the muffins cups until 2/3 full
- If not sure whether they are fully done, remove them from oven and poke the muffin with a toothpick all the way to the center of the muffin – if the toothpick comes out sticky it needs couple of minutes more of cooking.
- Once they are done, let them cool down before removing them from the muffin cups
*Baking time may vary depending on the oven you have. Not all ovens are the same – you might have a different type of oven that needs more or less time to preheat, stronger or weaker ventilator etc. Important is to get to know how your own oven works and recognize when the baking is done.
As you can see whereas it’s for a snack or for a full meal, Zucchini Muffins with Bacon are a great option. Regardless of you being on a diet or are vegetarian they are still healthy and delicious. You can always change the bacon for something more healthier or even just remove it. To conclude the idea, with or without bacon these muffins are amazing
Funny facts about Zucchini Muffins with Bacon
- Nutrients and vitamins found in zucchini can help prevent cancer and heart disease.
- The flower of the zucchini plant is edible. Fried squash blossoms are a delicacy.
- Тhey are from the cucumbers family.
- Although Zucchini has more potassium than bananas they are equally healthy.
>If you aready turn-on the oven for this delicious Zucchini Muffins with Bacon keep it on and check our Baked Halloween Pumpkin Donuts<
- WHAT IS YOUR FAVOURITE WAY OF PREPARING ZUCCHINI? LET US KNOW IN THE COMMENTS BELOW.
- DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE? Certainly we love it!
- TAG @TANGO_AND_RAKIJA ON INSTAGRAM AND HASHTAG IT #TANGOANDRAKIJA
⇣⇣⇣⇣IF YOU LIKE IT, PIN IT⇣⇣⇣⇣