If you are looking for an easy, refreshing and fruity dessert and, besides that, the life have given you a lemon… don`t waste it on a lemonade! Make this delicious easy lemon mousse!
This lemon mousse is light, easy and fresh option for sunny spring or summer days.
All you need is few basic ingredients – cream, sugar, eggs, butter and yes, a lemon.
Excluding the refrigerating time, the mousse can be done really quickly. The longer you leave it in the fridge – the better it will come.
Still, if you cannot wait (like some of us here), it will, anyways, taste good even if you eat it immediately after it`s done.
Easy Lemon Mousse
- 100 g sugar
- 50 ml fresh lemon juice
- 1 tbsp lemon zest
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 whole eggs
- 45 g butter - softened
- 1 cup heavy cream
- In a bowl put sugar, lemon juice and lemon zest and combine all
- Add egg yolk and stir all
- Add 2 whole eggs and whisk
- Double boil it (mixing it constantly) until it thickens - approx. 5 min
- Take off the fire and add softened butter - fold it in until the butter is fully melted and incorporated
- Strain the mixture to separate the zest
- Cover it with film paper and let sit in the fridge for 1 hour
- After 1 hour, in a separate bowl whip the heavy cream
- Add the refrigerated mixture to the whipped cream
- Stir all together until combined using a spatula or a whisk
- Serve into small bowls or glasses adding some fruit on top
- Refrigerate for some time (1 hour approx. ) before eating it
You can choose to just decorate it with few berries on top or you can add bigger portion of fruit to make it more fruity and fresh.
You won`t go wrong with strawberries, raspberries or any berries – any of these go just perfect with the mousse.
If you are a desperate for some chocolate teste (like some of us here) you can even add some chocolate sprinkles on top… or mix some chocolate chips into the mouse… or eat a chocolate together with the mousse… spread the mouse over a chocolate bar… use the mousse as a dip for your chocolate… options are endless 🙂
- DO YOU PREFER CHOCOLATE OR FRUIT DESSERTS? LET US KNOW IN THE COMMENTS BELOW.
- DID YOU MAKE THIS “EASY LEMON MOUSSE” RECIPE?
- TAG @TANGO_AND_RAKIJA ON INSTAGRAM AND HASHTAG IT #TANGOANDRAKIJA
⇣⇣⇣⇣IF YOU LIKE IT, PIN IT⇣⇣⇣⇣